invisible row don't delete me i am important
Automation Sales Engineer
The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities, developing proposals, generating leads, compiling quotations and winning orders to achieve sales goals.
- The candidate will be required to implement strategies and systems to increase sales and advance Scibotron’s market position. Must be able and willing to work independently and collaboratively with engineers and management. This person must accelerate the sales process to achieve maximum profitability and growth in line with Scibotron’s objectives.
- The candidate shall find and win opportunities which will involve extensive customer visits, presentations, preparation and proposals.
- This role would ideally suit someone who has sound working knowledge and experience in industrial automation systems, such as PLCs, SCADA and IT systems.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and industiral automation is essential in order to fully understand and identify and anticipate customers’ needs and requirements.
- A good understanding and proven experience in the application of sensors, sensing technology and industrial automation software is required. While direct IT and programming experience is not essential, a working knowledge is required, especially of PLCs and industrial networking (e.g. Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Profibus etc.).
- The candidate is required to monitor tender boards, prepare for go/no-go bid meetings, prepare all tender documentation and win tenders.
- The candidate is required to actively market Scibotron’s products and services in anticipation of customer’s needs and requirements.
- The candidate must implement systems to align with Scibotron’s management directives of Industry 4.0 compliance.
- Strong morals and work ethic which is transparent and respects people
- Must be self-driven and teachable.
- Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators and management.
- Must be extremely professional, diplomatic and able to handle pressure well.
- Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff, managers and executives in customer environments.
- Experience with software-based solution deployments, configuration, and integration.
- Persuasive manner and ability to effectively influence customer’s decision-making process.
- Analytical and ability to implement a structured methodical approach.
- Assertive and takes initiative.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Adaptable to change and willingness to learn.
- Excellent presentation skills in person and using virtual demonstration products.
- Customer-focused and results-driven.
- Budget conscious.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Continuously seeking to develop personal skills. Self driven and ambitious.
- Be willing to travel and work away from home.
- Be willing to work long hours when required.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Must be adaptable and able to quickly align with management objectives and changing markets.
- A B.Ing, B.Sc or B.Tech in Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with Windows and Linux (or willingness to learn) is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Office packages is mandatory.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent business acumen and negotiation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of industrial network technology.
The candidate must be willing to enter in extensive Non-Disclosure, Restraint of Trade and Conflict of Interest agreements with Scibotron.
A dynamic and exciting opportunity exists for a Technical Artist with experience in designing, developing and testing mobile, web and desktop applications across multiple platforms. The candidate must have experience with Unreal 4 Editor, HTML5 and CSS in a mobile, web and desktop application development environment. Experience in other languages such Java Script, Python, NodeJS and C++ will be advantageous. Graphics design skills (modelling and animation) and experience in Virtual / Augmented Reality is mandatory. Experience in game development will be advantageous. Familiarity with relational and time-series database design and implementation will be advantageous. Familiarity with advanced mathematics, machine learning or AI will be advantageous.
We look forward to adding a highly creative and skilled individual to our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- User-Interface Design, Layout and Operation
- Developing Prototype Applications
- Back-end Server Design and Development
- Developing Applications across mobile, web and desktop platforms
- Testing Applications
- Graphics Design
- Software Algorithm Design
- Software Performance Tuning
- Software Design
- Researching latest available technology and keeping abreast of bleeding-edge technologies
- Assisting other departments in the creation of multimedia and other content where necessary
- Working with clients to arrive at innovative solutions to complex industrial problems
- Actively contributing to and working in company R&D initiatives
- B. Sc (Information Technology); or
- B. Sc (Computer Science); or
- 8+ Years relevant experience.
Mandatory Skills and Knowledge
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in mobile, web and desktop application development.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS) and Windows
- Experienced in using Unreal 4 Editor
- MySQL or MariaDB Design and Administration
- Experienced with HTML5
- Advanced programming in C++
- Advanced programming in NodeJS
- Proficient with GIT, SVN, Perforce
- Familiar with CIT
- Android OS and IOS
- Implementation of augmented and virtual reality
- Graphics design in Photoshop or similar
- Familiar with Virtualisation and Cloud services
- Front-end and back-end programming
- Familiar with secure e-Commerce application development
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Must be able to work in a team
- Must be hard working and meticulous
- Detail oriented and able to think outside the box
- Willing to work overtime to achieve project deadlines
- Must be goal driven, adaptable and ambitious
Note: Scibotron reserves the right to not fill these positions. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates with relevant experience will be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.